Saturday 29 January 2011

My Mumpreneur of the Month: Aycin Wateridge from B Organic Skincare

1. Can you quickly introduce yourself to our readers?

I am Aycin, mum to a beautiful little girl and founder of B Organic Skincare.

2. When and why did you decide to become your own boss?

My daughter was born with severe eczema. It was so severe that she even had it on her eyelids and it was red. She suffered with Eczema for a couple of years and during this time we tried everything on the market. We couldn’t find anything that was gentle enough to not dry her skin. This included the prescribed medication, ointments, bath milks etc. I started investigating what we should and shouldn’t be doing to make sure she could get some relief from the scratching which resulted in her being covered in blood every night.  She still has those scars on her arms 3 years later.

I started educating myself about all the chemicals that are in the bath and body products that were supposed to be helping and ended up putting some things together. I then teamed up with a really good bunch of professionals from different fields of expertise who helped me to create B Organic Skincare.

3. What sort of products do you produce and sell? And which one is your absolute favourite?

We have Bubble Bath, Body Lotion, Shampoo, Conditioner, Hand Soap, Hand Lotion, Bath & Shower gel and Handmade Organic Soothing Body Balms with Face Skincare to be launched very soon.  I love and enjoy them all, but I am really so proud of our Soothing Body Balm which soothes Eczema, Dermatitis and Sensitive Skin. It is so mild it can be used on babies as well. It works wonders!

4. How do you juggle being a successful business woman and a mum and wife?

My daughter comes first and she always will. I fit my working schedule around her time table. We have our quality time and she understands sometimes mummy has to do some work in the morning, check my email etc whilst she plays with her toys and I start working once I drop her to school lunch time. I fit all my business meetings, visits around this time and I continue working after she goes to bed as well. My husband has been the best supporter whilst I was building this business and he still helps me with the business on the IT side of things whenever I need it. He understands that I love my job, I actually don’t see it as a job that’s why I don’t mind working till midnight most of the evenings. We make sure we have family time as well so it’s not always about work.

5.  Is there anything you wish you'd known before becoming a mumpreneur or wish you'd done differently?

I knew it was going to be hard. I didn’t get any bank loans or have any investors, so it was all me. This can be very stressful at times as I have to juggle my budget all the time, some things can’t be done as quickly as I’d like and have to wait, this can be very frustrating. What I learnt is that it really doesn’t matter how good your product is, if people don’t know you exist they won’t buy it and you need to be prepared for everything.
  
6.What do you love most about your job and what are your plans for the future?

The advantage of running your own business is the flexible working hours. I can have time with my little girl and have these precious moments whilst she grows up, take her to dance classes, swimming and do silly girly things together. I love picking her up from school every day and cooking together. I wouldn’t be able to do any of this otherwise.

B Organic Skincare will be available nationwide in the Pharmacies and Health Stores in February, this is very exciting for me. We are currently working on improving our products to make them even better. We are also about to launch our Face Skincare line for ladies very soon.  I am currently working on getting our Soothing Body Balm reviewed by a very well known organisation, we may even have a chance at winning some awards for this lovely product! Next the rest of our lovely luscious organic range with no nasty chemicals.

If you love the sound of B Organic Skincare, pop around tomorrow to win 1 of 2 ladies bath sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...