Friday 4 March 2011

Review: Shloer White Grape and Shloer Apple & White Grape


Product: Shloer White Grape and Shloer Apple & White Grape 

Price: £1.99 per bottle

Buy from: all major supermarkets

Suitable for: all the family

Score out of 5: 4 out of 5

Initial reaction: I was curious to try it, because if've never tried it before. 

Pros: no perservatives, artificial colours, flacours or sweeteners

Cons: quite sweet and a little too fizzy when you drink a lot of it

Value for money: fair price for a completely natural product

I've come across Shloer on a couple of occassions - usually when my nieces pretended it was wine while we adults enjoyed a glass of the real deal - but I have actually never tried it myself. Now that I am pregnant I am skipping the vino and just have a soft drink. The only down side is that soft drinks usually don't taste half as nice as a good glass of wine and look even worse – especially when everyone is having a fruity Cabernet Sauvignon while you are slurping on a glass of orange squash or coke. You can imagine I was more than delighted when I was asked to review Shloer for New Mummy's Tips and Mummy Alarm.
I started my test run last night and I have to admit that both bottles I tested are completely empty now. I had help from my better half, though, as we enjoyed it with a lovely dinner that Ben had cooked for us: Chicken Breast Filets filled with thyme and onions with garlic sauteed potatoes, fried asparagus and creamy mushrooms. The first bottle we opened was
the one with the White Grape flavour and although my personal Masterchef found that it wasn't really flavoursome I thought that it tasted really fruity. With a bit of imagination I could even see myself joining my nieces' “No, that's real wine” club. While I stuck mostly to the bottle with white grape flavour, Ben enjoyed the Apple & White Grape one, which I found a bit sweet and overpowering. Funny enough he really liked the strong apple flavour – quite a surprise as he he normally hates apples.

Altogether, I found Shloer a really tasty alternative to alcoholic drinks and I am sure I'll buy it more regularly now – it's refreshing, fruity, I'm curious to find out about other flavours and for my nieces it is much better than the “real deal”.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...