Friday 23 September 2011

Fill the Gap Friday #1 - The best thing about being a parent is...

... to see how exciting all the small things in life can be when you experience them with your baby. Before having Amy I couldn't imagine why people would get excited about their baby rolling from one side to the other or producing an explosive nappy. I mean, all babies do that, so why does everyone has to share these things on Facebook, Twitter and when meeting up for a cup of coffee?


The truth is, when you are a parent, these things mean the world to you. They are little miracles. You carry your baby for nine months. You give birth for what feels like nine months and then you hold this little fragile bundle in your arms and think it will always stay this tiny. Well, it doesn't and that's where parents including me get so excited. Babies learn so quickly. One week they are virtually sleeping all day, the other week they start looking at you with the biggest smile you can imagine. I love experiencing all those milestones with Amy. I feel blessed to see her grow up and to share all those little things with her and I can't wait for all the amazing things to come. I sometimes catch myself smiling just thinking about her starting to crawl, walk, speak and sing. I imagine us playing in the park, going to the zoo and jumping into the waves when we are spending our summers with my parents. Of course, they are all normal things but sharing them with the little person you love the most, makes them so so special and that's what I love the most about being a parent - sharing my life with my baby girl.

If you have written a post, a poem, a sentence or want to share a picture that fills the gap of this week's sentence 'The best thing about being a parent is...', then share it in the Linky below and check out all the other entries. You can also grab the badge below to show support for Fill the Gap Friday and/or use the hashtag #fillthegap when promoting your post on Twitter.


7 comments:

  1. Aww, what a beautiful response to the sentence starter. I agree with everything that you have written here. Having a child is a miracle and being a parent is a gift.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this idea - hope to join in soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww Carolin I relate to all you said. Just so true. And what a gorgeous new-born your Amy was just beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww thank you. I'm such a proud mummy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That would be great. The prompt for next Friday will be online on Monday. Hope to see you next week x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww thank you. I truly enjoy being a mummy, it's so fulfilling x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this. I missed it but will be joining in next week :D
    Lovely picture of your little one.x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...