Saturday 8 October 2011

We are back from our first holiday as a family

If you are a regular reader of Mummy Alarm, you will have noticed that it was a bit quiet on the blog during the last week. The reason for this is that we were on our first holiday as a family. We didn't go anywhere fancy or stayed in a hotel or beach resort but enjoyed a week with my family who live in Germany.

Quite a lot happened during these last days. Amy went on the plane for the first time. We surprised my nan who was in a rehabilitation centre after a hip operation and had never met Amy before. Amy cut two teeth without me even noticing (I know, I'm a bad mummy) and she went to the zoo for the first time. I'm a firm believer in the saying that traveling educates and although Amy is obviously too young to visit museums, go to the theatre or do other educational things like this, I have to say that this holiday was just amazing for her development. She usually is quite shy when meeting people she isn't used to but after this holiday, she has become so much more confident with new people. She has learned to play for herself for a bit longer and she can now produce a truly German sound - my mum and sister can give themselves a pad on the shoulder for that one.


If you want to know what we were up to in more detail, pop over during the next couple of days. There are some lovely pictures and stories waiting for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...